Vance Stevens, December 1998
Now you need to create a web page
- You do this offline, on your computer.
- You do this using a web editor (Microsoft Word is a web editor when you save as html)
- Each page is a separate file.
- Itís a good idea to put all the files in one folder (later you can create more folders for your web site.)
- The files should all link to one another.
- At Geocities, the first file, the one linked to all the others, is called index.htm. So you make a file called index.htm where people begin to explore your web page.
- Image files, even bullets and background, may appear in your web page as separate files. These files need to be included in the folder.
- Itís best if all files you link have lower case names.
- When done, you upload the files to the Geocities server.